King Cobra Mixed Martial Arts is proud to announce the arrival of the newest member of the family, Luiz Paulo “DDD” Rodrigues.
Luiz Paulo joins us from Rio de Janeiro after tremendous success as a long-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner. It is this success which has also taken him and his family to the middle east as a self-defense instructor of the Abu Dhabi Army, where he was commissioned as captain.
After his tour in Abu Dhabi, Luiz Paulo decided to come to the United States, where many of his compatriots have come to triumph in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as well as other Mixed Martial Arts. Luiz currently teaches at King Cobra and at our family friends, Chute Boxe.
Luiz Paulo has a very athletic and rigorous teaching technique for both children and adults. Being the father of a young girl himself, and having taught children’s classes in Brazil, he understands our young students very well and is able to lead and keep them focused and disciplined.
At King Cobra Mixed Martial Arts he has definitely shaken things up with his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training style. His focus is not only to teach proper technique and to make sure his students are very fit, but he also wants his students to become Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition champions.
Below is a list of his many Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Martial Arts accomplishments:
- Copa do Brasil Champion (CBBJO)
- Pan-American Champion (CBBJO)
- Absolute Champion of the Brazilian Cup (CBBJO)
- World Cup Champion for weight division and absolute weight
- State Champion for weight division and absolute
- Jiu-Jitsu Instructor: Abu Dhabi Army
- Military Police Instructor
- Instructor of the Municipal Guard of Iguaba Grande in Rio de Janeiro
- 1st place at various smaller tournaments in Brazil
If you are in the Downey, Norwalk, South Gate, Bellflower, Bell Gardens, Lakewood, or Santa Fe Springs area, stop on by and pay us a visit on Tuesday and Thursdays from 5 to 6PM and Saturdays from 11 to 1PM. Check out one of DDD’s dynamic classes and get a taste of the action for yourself! Oss!